"This morning Sandy and I followed my counselors in the mission presidency down to a town called Paraguari about an hour from here. We have a branch there and today was the branch conference. My counselors brought their wives and one brought his daughter who served in the Spain Malaga mission just after Robert left. They were so careful to make sure we didn’t get lost along the way. When we arrived I was escorted into the branch president’s office where the branch president carefully and very formally reviewed the agenda for the branch conference with me. He humbly asked if I had any changes to make in his agenda and seemed relieved and more relaxed when I pronounced the agenda perfect. His name is President Alverez and I really like him. I really love the people here. The leadership of the units is composed of men and women of great faith and humility. I will learn much from these wonderful Saints." "During sacrament meeting Sandy and I sat together on the stand (I love that part) with the branch president to my left and my counselors and the district presidency behind us. I realized that during the business of the conference I would be sustained for the first time by members of the Church in Paraguay. As their hands were raised in a sustaining vote I must admit that I felt great love and appreciation for their acceptance of their new mission president. I really want to serve these wonderful people as well as the fabulous missionaries we have serving with us. Sandy and I both spoke at the close of the sacrament meeting. Sandy is getting better by the day with her Spanish. We heard today much more Guarani being spoken by the members of the branch. The Sunday School Instructor who taught the Gospel Principles class would teach a concept in Spanish and then teach it in Guarani. Many in the country towns speak primarily this Indian language. The Church just finished a second more accurate translation of the complete Book of Mormon into Guarani. The missionaries and members in many of these rural towns are thrilled to have the Book of Mormon available to them in its complete form." "Sandy continues to care for the physical, emotional, and spiritual health of our missionaries. She will become quite the nurse. In three years she will have seen about every health challenge. I’m really proud of her as she lovingly and firmly works with the missionaries. Friday night Sandy and I were invited to a welcoming party at one of the wards. The youth prepared native dances and we ate a delicious meal. The members have been so kind." "Sandy and I send our love to you all. The gospel is true and it is exciting to contribute our small part in establishing the Church here. We pray all is going well for you back home."
Sunday, July 12, 2009
July 12, 2009- Weekly Letter
Well, Mom and Dad are going to try and write every P-day from now on which is on Saturday. I'll try and get anything they send posted by Sunday. Here are some excerpts from their letter this week. They were also able to go to a welcome party this weekend and here are some pictures from that!
"This morning Sandy and I followed my counselors in the mission presidency down to a town called Paraguari about an hour from here. We have a branch there and today was the branch conference. My counselors brought their wives and one brought his daughter who served in the Spain Malaga mission just after Robert left. They were so careful to make sure we didn’t get lost along the way. When we arrived I was escorted into the branch president’s office where the branch president carefully and very formally reviewed the agenda for the branch conference with me. He humbly asked if I had any changes to make in his agenda and seemed relieved and more relaxed when I pronounced the agenda perfect. His name is President Alverez and I really like him. I really love the people here. The leadership of the units is composed of men and women of great faith and humility. I will learn much from these wonderful Saints." "During sacrament meeting Sandy and I sat together on the stand (I love that part) with the branch president to my left and my counselors and the district presidency behind us. I realized that during the business of the conference I would be sustained for the first time by members of the Church in Paraguay. As their hands were raised in a sustaining vote I must admit that I felt great love and appreciation for their acceptance of their new mission president. I really want to serve these wonderful people as well as the fabulous missionaries we have serving with us. Sandy and I both spoke at the close of the sacrament meeting. Sandy is getting better by the day with her Spanish. We heard today much more Guarani being spoken by the members of the branch. The Sunday School Instructor who taught the Gospel Principles class would teach a concept in Spanish and then teach it in Guarani. Many in the country towns speak primarily this Indian language. The Church just finished a second more accurate translation of the complete Book of Mormon into Guarani. The missionaries and members in many of these rural towns are thrilled to have the Book of Mormon available to them in its complete form." "Sandy continues to care for the physical, emotional, and spiritual health of our missionaries. She will become quite the nurse. In three years she will have seen about every health challenge. I’m really proud of her as she lovingly and firmly works with the missionaries. Friday night Sandy and I were invited to a welcoming party at one of the wards. The youth prepared native dances and we ate a delicious meal. The members have been so kind." "Sandy and I send our love to you all. The gospel is true and it is exciting to contribute our small part in establishing the Church here. We pray all is going well for you back home."











"This morning Sandy and I followed my counselors in the mission presidency down to a town called Paraguari about an hour from here. We have a branch there and today was the branch conference. My counselors brought their wives and one brought his daughter who served in the Spain Malaga mission just after Robert left. They were so careful to make sure we didn’t get lost along the way. When we arrived I was escorted into the branch president’s office where the branch president carefully and very formally reviewed the agenda for the branch conference with me. He humbly asked if I had any changes to make in his agenda and seemed relieved and more relaxed when I pronounced the agenda perfect. His name is President Alverez and I really like him. I really love the people here. The leadership of the units is composed of men and women of great faith and humility. I will learn much from these wonderful Saints." "During sacrament meeting Sandy and I sat together on the stand (I love that part) with the branch president to my left and my counselors and the district presidency behind us. I realized that during the business of the conference I would be sustained for the first time by members of the Church in Paraguay. As their hands were raised in a sustaining vote I must admit that I felt great love and appreciation for their acceptance of their new mission president. I really want to serve these wonderful people as well as the fabulous missionaries we have serving with us. Sandy and I both spoke at the close of the sacrament meeting. Sandy is getting better by the day with her Spanish. We heard today much more Guarani being spoken by the members of the branch. The Sunday School Instructor who taught the Gospel Principles class would teach a concept in Spanish and then teach it in Guarani. Many in the country towns speak primarily this Indian language. The Church just finished a second more accurate translation of the complete Book of Mormon into Guarani. The missionaries and members in many of these rural towns are thrilled to have the Book of Mormon available to them in its complete form." "Sandy continues to care for the physical, emotional, and spiritual health of our missionaries. She will become quite the nurse. In three years she will have seen about every health challenge. I’m really proud of her as she lovingly and firmly works with the missionaries. Friday night Sandy and I were invited to a welcoming party at one of the wards. The youth prepared native dances and we ate a delicious meal. The members have been so kind." "Sandy and I send our love to you all. The gospel is true and it is exciting to contribute our small part in establishing the Church here. We pray all is going well for you back home."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment