Monday, January 4, 2010

Pictures Jan 2, 2010

Group of missionaries going to catch the bus after meeting.

All the district and zone leaders in the mission who were in Asuncion for a leadership council meeting.

Leaders reacting to the news that Sister Callan and I will have two new grandchildren added to the family in August. They were really happy for us.





2 comments:

  1. Hi President and Sister Callan,
    We received your Christmas card in the mail today from Paraguay. It embarrassed me that I forgot that you had already gone when I sent out our Christmas cards. I think I had sent you a congratulations note at the time it was published in the Church News, but then it didn't register when I addressed the cards. It has been fun to look at your blog and read some of the postings. We will have to take addtional time to read more of the letters you have written home. Aren't children wonderful? To think they are so computer savvy and can create such a beautiful blog for you.

    We want you to know that we are so very happy for you to be serving in such an assignment as this. You are absolutely perfect for the calling. I think I would be scared to death! I saw a few pictures of Elder Bednar and others who came to tour the mission and speak to the elders. Those are always very choice experiences but make you nervous as well.

    I remember going on a mission tour with my father and mother to Tahiti and many of the small islands in French Polynesia. They made me speak everywhere they spoke-- to the missionaries at zone conferences, firesides, meetings with the members, etc. We traveled for a week on a small 6 passenger Cessna out over the vast Pacific Ocean. We were preparing talks on every leg of the trip on the plane. It is a very sweet and special memory to recall that wonderful experience from so many years ago. When I left to go, it was Dale's first week in private practice. The timing couldn't have been worse, but he was supportive of me to go.

    Now that we are reminded once again that you are on your mission assignment, we will do better to include you in our personal prayers. It was always a pleasure to have known such wonderful people in dental school. We will always treasure our years at Creighton.

    Best wishes,

    Dale and Anna Price

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just found your website through an LDS Missionary Moms email group. You can't imagine how excited I was to see a picture of my son in your group of zone/district leaders (taken Jan 2!) I enjoy reading about your adventures in Paraguay, and want to say thanks for taking good care of all our Missionaries!

    Sincerely,
    Dana Draves

    ReplyDelete