Sunday, April 15, 2012

April 15, 2012

April 15, 2012
Dear Family and Friends,
      The word that sums up this week is INTERVIEW! Tuesday through Friday Mark interviewed  135 missionaries. Zones 1-6 all came into the mission office for their interviews and then Friday we drove out to Ca’auazu and Coronel Oviedo to interview the missionaries in Zone 8. Mark really loved the week and so did I. He seems to get energized as he spends time one on one with our missionaries. I get to visit also while the missionaries are waiting for their turn with president. Mark invited the assistants to spend time with each companionship also to give encouragement and suggestions for their areas. Mark has never felt so good about the focus, testimony and hard work of our missionaries. I could see it also in their happy faces as they came and went from their interviews.
   Friday, after interviews we stayed in Coronel Oviedo for the District conference that was held Saturday and Sunday. Saturday Mark interviewed all day until the Priesthood leadership and Auxiliary training that was held in the afternoon followed by the adult session that evening. I taught the auxiliary training with Hermana Jara . It has been fun doing the trainings this cycle and I have learned a lot. I have become more and more grateful for the organization of the church and the way it can work with small groups and large groups. We do hope to see growth here though for the people so they can benefit from some of the things we have in areas of the world where the church is stronger.I really admire and love the people who with very little time in the church make great sacrifices to serve and learn how to magnify their callings. Sunday after the final session we headed back to Asuncion.  We both spoke in both sessions and enjoyed seeing the members and friends we have there.  We met many investigators that the missionaries brought up to meet President. It was a great week!
    Yesterday was our daughter in law Rachel’s birthday. We are so grateful for her! She is the perfect wife for Robert and they are raising a beautiful family with their sweet Jack and Rose! She is a wonderful example to us  as she shares her kindness and love with all! Have a great week!
                                                                                                                                              Love, Mark and Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment