Saturday, May 5, 2012

April 29, 2012

  April 29, 2012

Dear Family and Friends,
     Last Sunday after district conference in Ca’auazu we drove on to Ciudad del Este so Mark could finish interviewing the missionaries in the rest of the mission. On Monday we began early in Hernandarias with the missionaries serving there. We then went to the stake center in Ciudad del Este to interview the remaining missionaries that are serving around that area. Tuesday morning we drove to Encarnacion, stopping in Santa Rita and Obligado to interview those elders. We spent the rest of Tuesday in Encarnacion where everyone from those areas was interviewed. Wednesday we headed back to Asuncion stopping in Bogado and then San Ignacio to complete the interviews. Mark just needs to interview the assistants and he will be finished for this round of interviews. Two of the assistants traveled with us this trip so they could talk to the companionships but also so they can learn the mission a bit better so they can help the new president when he comes. We enjoyed having them with us and learning a bit more about Elder Clement and Elder Henriquez .
    Mark felt very happy with the missionaries as he spent time with them during the interviews. We have some wonderful missionaries who are trying hard to improve in their responsibilities here in the mission. The personal growth of the missionaries is one of the great blessings that happens for missionaries and we are blessed to be able to see that growth in our missionaries as we have spent time here with them.
    Our son Matt had his birthday this past week and we are so grateful he is our son. We are grateful for the great family he and Jessica our raising and the good things they are doing in their lives.  It was also my birthday this past week and when we got home from a day of interviews Mark noticed some messages for me on the computer and realized that he had forgotten that it was my birthday. Oh well! Two of the three years we have been here he has totally forgotten until someone reminded him. He felt bad both times but I know it is just evidence of the many things he is trying to do here in the mission. I told him I have no bad feelings about him forgetting because I know he is focused on good things, but after the mission he better not forget!!! I might not be so forgiving!
   Today is our 36th  wedding anniversary and I am so grateful for the covenants Mark and I made in the Salt Lake temple 36 years ago. I am so grateful for the knowledge that we can be bound forever to each other and our family if we qualify through our obedience.  We attended our ward meetings today and the bishop invited us to speak when we arrived. We both bore testimonies of the real sealing power of the priesthood and the blessing it is in our lives.
     We hope you all have a wonderful week!                                                We love you! Mark and Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment